Want Some Way to access your Linux machine , then you definitely need to install OpenSSH
1.Allows you to execute terminal commands from almost any device (Yes Any device)
2.Copy Files to and Fro!
3.Execute your School/Programs directly on your machine rather than your College
(may be your college systems are Hogging or its just that you got a pretty damn fast system)
4.Forget about using the insecure telnet service!, OpenSSh is Secure!!!
Step1: Install the Server and Client relevant to OpenSSh , Execute the below Command in your terminal
sudo apt-get install openssh-client openssh-server
Step2: Now You need to get your IP Address (if you know skip this) also assume you know the username of the system using which you log in ifconfig Note: look for the ip address after "inet addr" example 126.96.36.199 and username is rahul Step3: Now download a client (putty/Terminal) to access your system ssh host@ipaddress example : ssh firstname.lastname@example.org Note: rahul will be the username of the Target system in which the OpenSSh server is running and its corresponding ip address. Make sure you enter logout in the terminal before you close your session Happy Playing!
Would you like to have a Docking App Running at the bottom of your screen?
So that: Read the rest of this entry →
Searching for a Pc Having some looks like the tablets that have been sprouting up these days? then you should check out hp slate..Have a look at the features below..may be you get convinced! or just wait for some dual core Tablets to come up? …Take you’r decision…
Name: HP SLATE.
Type : Pc That Looks Like A Tablet.
Cloud Os: Full Scale OS Residing In A Browser.
You have access to all the features of a normal Os, From a Cloud Resident OS.
- Applications and Services.
- Cost savings
- Immediate Availability
- Round-the-clock availability,
- Joli Cloud.
- Google Chrome O.S
- Access Documents, files And Applications Anywhere Easily- It uses the WEBDav Feature.
- Share Files and Edit Them In Real Time With Other User.
- Ability To Have Your Files On Your Own EyeOs Server.
- Low Cost
- Simple Design.
- Very User Friendly.
- Integrates Social Stream Direct Into The Browser.
- Ability To Mount Network Drives.
- Large Number Of Apps -700 +
- Instant Web:OS Comes Pre-Installed In Notebooks And Boot Under 10 seconds.
- Updates Itself and Cleans On Every Boot.
- Already Have More Than a Million Applications.
- Built In Security To Keep Mal-ware Away.
Q:Help I need to find some details regarding my system…How do i do that? and i use Linux/Ubuntu
Yes..We all come across such situations..here are some commands that you can enter in the Linux Terminal and get what you want.
1.I Want to know What CPU i have and other details like What flags it has?
*Note You can use the Flags to see if you have ”lm” i.e long mode,which tells you whether you’r system is capable of handaling 64 bit OS..yeah they are getting popular now…*
2.Hey Even i want to know about my Memory
*Click To View Larger Size.
3.I Want to know Everything about my System..all the hardwares,interfaces..?
- If You are familiar …in certain cases you get large list of items/details, to scroll through them easily,use the pipe symbol.
use | less to get fewer details ..which u can scroll through
example: lspci | less
- If You Want to search for some term then use | grep Whatyouwanttofind
example: lspci | grep VGA